Project Support Officer
Project Support Officer
- City fringe location with free car parking
- Full time role, with salary packaging options
- Develop your career, working with Australia’s leading cancer charity
About the company
Cancer Council SA’s vision is a cancer free future. Every minute, every hour, every day, we’re getting closer through impactful research, the delivery of cancer prevention activities, education and advocacy programs and providing support to people affected by cancer right here in South Australia.
Cancer Council is the only charity to help people from the point of diagnosis through to treatment and survivorship. We are proud to have served the community for 90 years and have an enviable reputation as one of South Australia’s most trusted charities.
This position will contribute to the efficient and effective operations of the Services unit by performing a range of administrative activities and project support functions including data entry and analysis, producing reports, and assisting with project planning and scheduling under direction from the Services Manager or designated officer. The role will support the delivery of the various psychosocial programs offered by the Services unit including processing of referrals for payment and producing monthly expenditure and demand/capacity management monitoring reports for the programs. Working closely with and under the guidance of the Services Manager, the role will also participate in the ongoing review of processes to achieve efficiencies and contribute to development and implementation of new programs and services in response to client needs.
- Data entry/administration related to the range of programs offered by the Services unit.
- Processing Services unit accounts requests including but not limited to the financial assistance program and supportive accommodation services
- Regular accounts reconciliation, documentation and processing
- Analysing data and producing reports from various applications and databases.
- Monitoring the various programs’ activity and expenditures and providing regular reports to the Services Manager
- Updating Procedures Manuals for the various Services programs as required
- Coordinating phone call pre-paid vouchers
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Organisational and time management skills and the ability to work under limited supervision responding to, and meeting multiple requests and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on tasks with little supervision by deciding priorities, planning tasks, and completing projects on time.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to achieve project outcomes effectively and efficiently.
- Experience in project management and working within the principles of continuous quality improvement
- Advanced knowledge and skill level in software including: Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), database management software and Internet
- May be required to undertake a health assessment prior to commencement
- Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory police check
- Some out-of-hours work and interstate travel may be required.
- The successful applicant must be a non-smoker.
For more information, please contact Melanie Schmidtke, Services Manager on (08) 8291 4148 or view the position description here.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 9 November 2018.
Please note—all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Cancer Council SA is an equal opportunity employer committed to effective volunteer involvement and maintains a non-smoking environment.
As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, police clearance check and/or any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.