We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our marketing team and contribute to the successful development of our campaigns.
- 12 month contract (parental leave cover)
- Use your creative flair and design skills to make a real difference
- Work in a supportive and friendly team environment
- City fringe location with free car parking
- Develop your career, working with Australia’s leading cancer charity
- Salary packaging options
About Cancer Council SA
Cancer Council SA’s vision is a cancer free future. Every minute, every hour, every day, we’re getting closer through impactful research, the delivery of cancer prevention activities, education and advocacy programs and providing support to people affected by cancer right here in South Australia.
Cancer Council is the only charity to help people from the point of diagnosis through to treatment and survivorship. We are proud to have served the community for 90 years and have an enviable reputation as one of South Australia’s most trusted charities.
This role will be responsible for creating fresh marketing communication materials using current design trends to support our strong brand identity and organisational goals.
You’ll be working across the organisation with our passionate teams in fundraising, research, support services and prevention to produce creative design solutions across both print and digital communications. While delivering a variety of design work, you’ll understand our brand guidelines and whilst working within them, look for improved ways to elevate the messaging and brand. Tertiary qualification in graphic design or commercial art along with 3 years’ experience in graphic design (inclusive of digital design) is required. You’ll be highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite software, have proven experience in a fast paced deadline driven environment and will be able to demonstrate your experience across print and digital executions.
- Design online and print materials across a wide range of marketing collateral including but not limited to eBooks, infographics, videos, websites, social media posts, banners, business documentation
- Assist with the design and build of EDMs
- Produce content through the use of Adobe Creative Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Take initiative and always look for improved ways to elevate the messaging and brand
- Maintain weekly status reports of marketing activities and contribute to weekly team WIPs
- Make sure deadlines are being met and monitor the budget
- The successful applicant must be a non-smoker.
- Intra/inter-state travel, out of hours and weekend work may be required
- May be required to attend functions and events as appropriate
- Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory police check and may require a further Department of Human Services clearance.
For more information, please contact Kathy Swaffer on (08) 8291 4111 or view the position description here.
To apply for this role, please provide a cover letter outlining what you can bring into this role, a current and up to date resume as well as a brief portfolio of your design work.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 20 September 2019.
Please note—all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Cancer Council SA is an equal opportunity employer committed to effective volunteer involvement and maintains a non-smoking environment.
As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, police clearance check, DHS check and/or any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.