202 Greenhill Road Eastwood, SA
- 12 month parental leave cover contract
- CBD fringe location with salary packaging opportunity
- Join a leading not-for-profit and a dynamic & engaged team
- Unique opportunity to work on iconic campaigns like Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, Girls’ Night In, Ride for a reason
- Perfect role for a team player who enjoys working across a diverse role
The purpose of the role is to support the development and execution of Cancer Council SA’s campaigns including Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, Girls’ Night In, Ride for a reason and other community driven fundraisers.
About the company
Cancer Council SA’s vision is a cancer free future. Every minute, every hour, every day, we’re getting closer through impactful research, the delivery of cancer prevention activities, education and advocacy programs and providing support to people affected by cancer right here in South Australia.
Cancer Council is the only charity to help people from the point of diagnosis through to treatment and survivorship. We are proud to have served the community for over 90 years and have an enviable reputation as one of South Australia’s most trusted charities.
You will support the Project Manager –Campaigns to help develop and implement plans that drive fundraiser registrations, keep supporters connected and engaged. The role is truly diverse and requires the candidate to work across multiple campaigns and in a number of functions from the delivery of direct marketing tactics, to data management, to managing relationships, to supporting the Manager by providing regular data tracking and reporting.
- Increase and retain campaign supporters. Assist to implement acquisition, renewal, and reactivation plans and tactics.
- Develop relationships and keep supporters connected. Support the Project Manager in maintaining key relationships.
- Support the community event portfolio by assisting with enquiries and administration as needed.
- Manage Campaign data and provide reporting and tracking to the Project Manager on the success of acquisition and retention plans.
- Be the main support for the Project Manager and assist the broader team as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a results-focussed team player, be experienced in working across a number of projects, from acquisition to conversion to retention. Those with experience outside the non-profit sector are also encouraged to apply.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role from either the not-for-profit sector or corporate sectors is desired
- Experience in working with databases including an ability to read, interpret, segment and manipulate data
- Competence in the use of MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word (PowerPoint is desirable)
- Experience in planning, managing and reporting on projects from conception to conclusion
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating the development of communication materials, including mass emails and direct mail through programs such as Vision 6, Mail Chimp or similar
- Understanding of supporter engagement and communication from lead generation to retention and renewal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to develop relationships with a diverse range of supporters in both metro and regional areas
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, oral & written skills
- A self-starter who can work independently and as part of the team
- Demonstrated time management, teamwork and collaboration skills
- The successful applicant must be a non-smoker
- Intra/inter-state travel, out of hours and weekend work may be required
- Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory police check and may require a further Department of Human Services clearance
For more information, please contact Nedge Sinanovski on 8291 4111.
Position closes on Friday, 11th of October 2019 at 5pm.
Please note—all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Cancer Council SA is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a non-smoking environment.
As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, police clearance check and/or any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.